Monday, November 05, 2007

Question of the Day

I eat lunch with the same coworker almost every day. She loves to ask big questions about faith and life and God and scripture, and see how I respond. We call it the "question of the day".

Today, she told me at coffee break that the "question of the day" is "What does God think about euthanasia?" Cause that's a happy conversation over lunch!

Thinking and praying about how I want to respond to that one...

Wondering how some of you would respond... leave comments if you feel like telling me how you'd answer that question!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi Lisa,

Way to go! As I have been reminded of lately, it's not about having the right answers (although there is a place for that too), but rather, being there, and going along side with the person and just loving them on their journey.

Lisa said...

Hey Natalie...

I actually encourage the questions... I'm generally (and I've told my coworker this) so much more interested in the question, and the grey areas it evokes, than in taking a hard and fast position on something...

there's something about living in the midst of the question (the mystery) that is so much more freeing...