Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Little Things

This week is insanely busy, and it's starting to get to me.

So I'm shut up in my bedroom, enjoying the quiet. In a few minutes I'll crawl into bed, and do a little reading, then turn the lights out early.

Tonight I'm realizing that I can find rest in the little things:
  • in a long bath with a good novel, and my favorite bath salts.
  • in incense burnt in my bedroom, making the air spicy and beautiful
  • in decorating a Christmas tree - even if it does look a little "Charlie Brown" like
  • in slathering on hand cream for sore skin
  • in a quick spray of my favorite perfume
  • in comfy sweat pants to wear to bed
  • in a really good chocolate
  • in a cup of tea
  • in wrapping myself in a blanket and curling up on the couch
  • in emails from a few dear friends
  • in a photo of a special spot in the mountains that's hanging on my bedroom wall
  • in a clean bedroom
  • in a warm duvet cover
  • in a quick dinner with a dear friend
  • in taking vitamins and knowing I'm taking good care of myself
  • in facial moisturizer that I really like, and that doesn't make my crazy sensitive skin break out
  • in anticipating travels over the next while
  • in a pretty vase on display in my bedroom
  • in a smile from a friend
  • in laughter with a coworker over mutually "blond" moments
  • in the nearness of Jesus
  • in a favorite Psalm
  • in a moment's prayer
  • in hearing a friend's heart - even the painful bits.
  • in knowing that there are only two work days left this week, and one of them is casual Friday.
  • in the satisfaction of knowing I've done my job well this week, despite crazy and sometimes adverse circumstances.
  • in clean-smelling, freshly washed hair, hanging damp around my face
  • in warmth and light
  • in the birth of a friend's child
  • in a favorite teddy bear named "Nelly"
  • in cozy wool socks that don't itch
  • in music
  • in a great novel I've just finished
  • in twinkling Christmas lights on the tree
Tonight, I'm all about the little things.

0 comments: