Thursday, November 15, 2007

Better Day

I think I slept 6 hours last night! (Which still only makes for 9 hours in the last two nights, but it's definitely better!) I actually slept through my alarm to such a point this morning that I had 10 minutes from the moment I woke up to the moment I needed to be out the door. (And I made it to work on time!)

The work day is now an hour from ending, and I'm getting tired again.

I lead a Bible study discussion group tonight, but I think I'm going to push the kids to actually engage with the chapter on their own, and give them a journaling exercise for at least a portion of our time together. Less discussing, more engaging I hope.

I need to send several emails tonight too.

I need to spend some more time praying through a major work/school decision that is rather suddenly and urgently on my radar, but will affect the next few years of my life quite dramatically.

I need to just sit. (I'm going to watch Grey's Anatomy).

I'm glad that things were lighter today. I'm not sure I'd have made it through another day like yesterday.

I'm glad tomorrow is Friday, and that I can wear jeans to work.

I'm glad for a weekend with nothing planned (except sunday school teaching, and possibly a walk or tea with my mom on Saturday morning).

I'm glad there are leftovers in my fridge so I don't have to cook dinner tonight in the 40 minutes between when I get home and the Bible study starts. (I'm not often thankful for leftovers - take note of this moment - it may never be repeated!)

I'm glad for dreams (the waking kind today).

I'm glad for friends who love me, and made a point of telling me that yesterday when I was struggling so deeply.

I'm glad for really honest prayer times, alone, in the dark, with candles and incense.

I'm glad that I'm not ever as alone as I sometimes feel.

0 comments: