Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Because I Need it Today...

Things I love/am thankful for/that are making me smile - the November 7, 2007 edition!


  • Weather that's not absolutely freezing cold right now.

  • That this coming Monday is a holiday for me.

  • That plans for hosting a prayer room in my house this weekend are taking shape.

  • That my brother's surgery last week went quite well and the surgeon is hopeful that he will again be able to use his wrist and play guitar.

  • Starbucks passion tea

  • Moxie's Cuban Chocolate Espresso Mousse shared with Janneka last night - just as completely deadly as it sounds!

  • Janneka

  • A chance to see my parents tonight

  • my nose piercing (which seems to be healing well) that reminds me of the miracles Jesus has worked in my life every time I glance in the mirror (or wrinkle my nose!)

  • a heavy duvet on my bed

  • sweat pants for comfort when you're sleeping or not feeling well

  • casual Fridays

  • A Wednesday that seems a little less all over the place than the last several Wednesdays have been

  • my ipod that lets me have my entire musical library at my fingertips while at work

  • emails from friends

  • cute shoes

  • that I seem to have lost some weight (even if it is probably from stress and illness)

  • friends who are praying people

  • a decent working relationship with my boss

  • an upcoming chance to do some traveling

  • Psalm 3, Psalm 91, Ephesians 6

  • green beans

  • blackberries

  • smoked gouda

  • potatoes cooked almost any way possible

  • a warm sweater to wear in my cool office

  • dreams

  • friends who push me into new spaces

  • mountains

  • a beautiful sunset driving home from work on Monday night

  • that I don't have to take public transit on Friday because my roommate will be out of town and has offered me the use of her car

  • An upcoming Saturday in the mountains with a friend

  • facebook - for the communication it lets me have with friends spread across the country and around the world

  • a new camera

  • a functioning new cell phone that I'm finally getting used to

  • a phone call from Alex last night, excited about the upcoming weekend

  • that the atmosphere in my office is calmer today

  • people that have a heart for the non-western world

  • people that have a heart for the western world

  • the color blue

  • candles

  • nag champa incense

  • artists and the way they see and share the world with us

  • an office full of plants to add life

  • bottled water

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice...

Lisa said...

ah... you've found my new addiction - making thankfulness lists...

it's how I handle the intensity of bad days at work, and tough days at home, and how I praise, and how I remind myself of all the tiny beautiful things in life that bring a smile to my face...

dancing with Bree and Nate during worship on Saturday night should have made it on to this list - it's one of my favorites from the last week or two!