Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Health and well-being

I am feeling quite ill again today. Nausea. Stiff, tight muscles, headache.

It seems that this has been happening a lot in the last few months since my life once again shifted into an intense season of change and growth.

If the pants I'm wearing for work today are any indication, I've once again lost weight. They're sliding down my hips, and they used to be tight. The weight loss (though I have been trying to eat more healthily and exercise more regularly) can probably be attributed to the number of days I've felt like I do today - little or no appetite, generally smaller meals, and eating less often.

I can't get sick this week. I don't have time to be sick this week. I have a meeting tonight, prep for an event I'm hosting this weekend tomorrow night, and then, 24 hours of prayer in my living room, with youth kids and friends, from Friday night at 7 pm to Saturday night at 7 pm. (By the way, if you're interested in coming to pray (and I'd love to have you!), either look me up on facebook - I've created an event - or email me lpippus (at) telus (dot) net)

I wonder a bit about the way the spiritual affects illness. It certainly affects my mind and body in other ways, does that mean it can make me ill as well?

But I have to say, in spite of the illness I've battled the last several months, in spite of the illness I'm battling today, I've never been in a better space. I am living in a place of intense closeness to the Father, and to His people. I am being called daily to deeper and new things. I am overwhelmed, shocked, and completely grateful for this latest hijacking of my life. I may have health problems - but I am living in a space of well-being.

0 comments: