Monday, April 09, 2007

I love...

This is one of those "things that make me smile" type posts, because, after a long four day weekend of introspection, and facing some of the harder things in my life right now, I needed to remind myself about some of the beautiful ones. So I used one of the journalling prompts from Kim McMechan's seminar a couple weeks ago, and this is what I came up with. Rather than titling it "Things that make me smile", this is simply a list that begins, "I love..."

I Love…
  • The flicker of candles in my darkened bedroom
  • The convenience of my laptop computer
  • Hot pink crocs
  • Trident peppermint gum (in the dark blue package)
  • Steve Bell’s song “Restless”
  • The prospect of lunch dates with various friends this week
  • The wavy ikea mirror that hangs on my wall
  • The crucifix on my wall from my trip to Mexico – it reflects the tenderness of Jesus, even as he hangs on the cross and suffers. A tender, suffering Savior.
  • Chocolate crème oreos
  • Having all my books neatly organized on shelves.
  • Passion tea from starbucks
  • The warm relaxed feeling after a long, hot, bubble bath
  • My hair on a really good curly day
  • Cute shoes
  • Milk chocolate
  • Photos of friends and family all over my bedroom
  • Art that has hidden meanings (even if only I know what they are)
  • Curling up with a novel and losing myself in it
  • Stumbling upon a writing that is breathtaking in its beauty
  • Laughing with friends
  • Really good emails
  • Encouragement from friends
  • Praying with people who know my heart
  • Time spent with Kari
  • Dinner and movie dates with Megan
  • Hearing someone’s redemption story
  • Watching M*A*S*H*
  • Particularly idealistic characters
  • Making beautiful things
  • Turkey breast subs from Subway, on wheat, with lettuce, cucumber, sweet onion sauce, mayo and sub sauce
  • BBQ Pork Vietnamese noodle bowls
  • Cold, refreshing water
  • Hiking Ptarmigan cirque early in the spring when no one is there yet, and you can really enjoy the beauty of the mountain peace
  • Sharing the things I love with friends
  • Knowing I’ve connected with someone, and eased their burden, if only temporarily
  • Rooibos tea
  • Any particularly cosy piece of clothing
  • Coming home from work and putting on jeans and a hoody
  • Encountering Jesus in the really surprising moments
  • The Gospel of Mark

0 comments: