Tuesday, November 22, 2011

You Ask, I Answer Take 22

I'm bring back You Ask, I Answer once a week for a little while.  Check this space on Tuesdays!

Today's question comes from Tea, who asked:

Where/what would be your dream vacation?

Oh dear.  That's a terribly hard question to answer!

There are so many places I'd love visit.

I think, just at the moment, I could narrow it down to two places.

The first would be to visit Machu Picchu in Peru.  I've dreamt of going there for ages, and can't wait for the day when I will finally visit.  I actually spent my first birthday in Peru while my parents were leading a short term mission team, and it's a country that has somehow burrowed in my heart.  I love the Spanish language, and I dream of going to Peru to visit someday, and spending some time in the ruins at Machu Picchu.

The second, at the moment would be to spend a month or so in New Zealand.  One of my closest friends is from there, and will be returning shortly after quite some time abroad.  New Zealand is a country I've heard so much about, and L. has promised to tour me all over the islands when I finally manage to visit her.  I'm looking forward to beautiful vistas, great food, fun accents and conversations, time with a fabulously dear friend, and wine tours among other things.

Thanks for the question, Tea.

And now, let me throw it back out to all of you.  Do you have a dream vacation?  Tell me in the comments.

2 comments:

Tea said...

It was fun hearing your answers! :)

I'm like you, there SO many places I would love to visit! I would love to go all over Europe and see all of the beautiful and historical sites. Israel would be awesome - to see where Jesus lived. I hope we'll be headed to China in a handful of years! Austrailia, New Zealand...
...I'd basically just like to travel the world and sail the seas. ;)

Lisa said...

Look for answers to some of your other questions in coming weeks :)

I love your answer too! I'd be quite happy to travel (though I might skip the sailing part - I have a feeling that I might get a wee bit sea sick... but maybe not, I do love water... who knows!)