Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Jumble

It's Friday, and in the midst of a week where I'm still mostly embracing quiet, I'm not quite sure what to say.  My thoughts are jumbled, and bullet pointed today, going in every which direction...
  • I'm making a bookstore stop today... there are a couple of books I've been asked to read that I need to pick up and get started on this weekend
  • I'm spending the afternoon at the zoo with a friend and her daughter... looking forward to the exercise of walking and wandering, and the time talking and chatting
  • I'm also looking forward to seeing the gorillas.  I spent a long time talking with someone yesterday about the things I love about the gorillas, and then we talked about how those things reflect in my life.  After that conversation, I'm ready to see "my" gorillas again
  • I'm pondering work thoughts and life thoughts
  • It was one of those nights where my dreams stayed with me - I dreamt a lot about my feelings about being a pastor's kid, an odd thing, since it's not one I think about regularly these days.  Feelings and expectations that surprised me deeply surfaced in the midst of this particular dream...
  • I'm feeling tired today... drained by some intense conversations from yesterday, by their ramifications, by the night of dreaming...
  • Besides the gorillas, I look forward to peacocks, and anteaters, and watching children in the play park, laughing
  • more and more, I find the laughter of children to be a sort of therapy for my soul... a salve on achy places...
and with that, it's probably time for me to think about crawling out of my reclined and comfy position and start tackling the things I need to do before the bookstore and the zoo... see you tonight for the daily 5!

0 comments: