Monday, February 14, 2011

Daily 5 - Year 2, Day 182

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Laughing with a fellow student this morning over how ridiculous a particular class we're taking really is
  2. A smoothie and wrap for lunch from Jugo Juice
  3. my midterm went smoothly
  4. Knowing the answer to one of the essay options cold and being able to write it confidently
  5. After listening to some girls on the bus talk about delaying gratification by prolonging a smoke for an hour when a craving hit, I was struck by how grateful I am that I don't suffer from some of those addictions
  6. Mom treating me to an iced passion tea lemonade at starbucks tonight
  7. A Kit Kat bar
  8. A roasted chicken dinner
  9. listening to the newest album that my friend Karla was part of (Check out The Emporiums!)
  10. knowing enough yoga now to make up my own short practice instead of using a video tonight, allowing me to protect my still sore knee
  11. crawling into a bed with clean sheets and pajamas
  12. a clean bedroom - because I'm here so rarely, clutter had built up, and I'd hit my tolerance point, and it was bothering me, but I'd been too lazy to do anything about it.  Tonight I cleaned, and it's lovely.
  13. marking several necessary tasks off my list.
  14. starting Ann Voskamp's new book on the bus after class today
  15. laughing and snarking at The Bachelor with a friend.
  16. Getting an email from a far away blog reader with the first in a series of pictures of palm trees - totally made me smile!  Thanks Jenny!

1 comments:

christianne said...

Mmmmm, I love clean sheets and a nicely made bed! :)