Friday, January 28, 2011

Productivity

By 8:00 this morning I'd completed 19 practice quizzes and exercises for my Greek medical terminology class.  Oh, and the quiz.  By 8:00.  How's that for productivity?

Actually, I'd planned to use my bus commute to school today to review the multiplicity of flash cards I've made over the last three weeks, and then do the practice quizzes and exercises after class, before writing the quiz.

But, turns out that I woke up an hour and a half earlier than I'd planned.  And, it is Friday, so I didn't really want to hang around school any longer than necessary.  I got up and started tackling the practice exercises, telling myself that if they didn't go well, I'd wait, review on the bus as planned, and then do a few more practice exercises after class, before writing the quiz.  (It's an online class, so I just had to write the quiz sometime between 6 am and 10 pm.)

Turns out the practice exercises went far better than expected.  So, I took a deep breath, put my flashcards and textbook away, and tackled the quiz.

With a very satisfactory A- result, I might add.

Not bad for someone who isn't a morning person!

This means that my bus ride is mine to enjoy.  There will be pleasure reading happening today!

It also means that after a couple of weeks of spending time daily with greek flashcards, I'm taking the weekend off from Greek!  Hooray!

0 comments: