Saturday, December 25, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 24 - Everything's Ok

Today's Reverb 10 Prompt:

December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK

What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

(Author: Kate Inglis)

This has been such a year of nothing being "ok" that I don't think I can pick a moment, really, that proves the opposite.

But there have been moments of peace - walking into a hug at an airport in California.  The relief that came after following through for the first time on a decision I'd made.  The deep internal knowing that the path of choosing nursing has been confirmed in odd little ways that really only mean something to me.

Everything may not be okay, but I'm going to be.  Somehow I know that, even without a moment that can be pinpointed.  This has been a year of learning to trust that thing deep inside me, to trust Jesus with that.  And it's that trust that I want to carry forward into 2011.

0 comments: