Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 14 - Appreciate

Today's Reverb 10 prompt:

December 14 – Appreciate

What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

(Author: Victoria Klein)


Naming one thing I appreciate most is a challenging prospect for someone who makes a daily practice of listing the things from that day that caused gratitude within me.

But, if I'm choosing, I think I'd say that the one thing I appreciate most from this year is finding myself surrounded by supportive friends from a wide variety of places, and in some really unexpected arenas of my life.

In the last several months in particular, I've discovered the depth of supportive friendships that I have, and have been so grateful for the way my friends have come around me this year where my life has fallen apart.  They've taught me and are teaching me that I am deeply loved, and that is no small feat for someone who considered herself essentially worthless in the eyes of the world.

To those friends, gratitude comes in emails and cards, in gifts of time and returning a listening ear.  And in hugs.  I pay much gratitude out in the form of hugs!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You indeed are blessed with a great group of people gathered around you!