Friday, December 10, 2010

Maybe Quieter?

Yesterday I was supposed to spend most of the 8 hour work day making phone calls.  It was supposed to be a quiet day.  I spent about an hour and a half making calls.

Today seems to be shaping up to be quieter, and I'm thankful for that.  I remain thankful for my job this year.  It was just the right thing, at the right time - a restoration and confirmation of trust in God's perfect provision in moments that I didn't know I needed it.

So, it will be a day of calls and supervising volunteers, and then, off to mom and dad's for my (now) usual weekend retreat from the crazy realities of my living situation at Grandma's.  A sort of quiet, but not so much weekend.  A Saturday appointment, a few errands, a library trip, a family gathering.  But hopefully some time to just rest.

Life has thrown a lot at me this year, and I'm still managing to live amidst those things, and sometimes even thrive, but I'm definitely tired, and time to simply rest sounds just about perfect.

0 comments: