Saturday, December 18, 2010

A few fun links

It's been a little while since I linked up to other bits and pieces, but here are just a few that have caught my attention in recent days:

While I'm not at all a fan of the trend in the last few years of putting "catchy" little pun type phrases on church signs, I have to admit that this one at Jesus Needs New PR did actually make me chuckle.  At least it was a little bit creative! (Or I thought so anyway, I hadn't seen that one before!)

I've written before about Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project, and I smiled at this post on her blog when I read it last night.  I think her advice to "treat yourself like a toddler" is advice that I'm going to keep in mind.  Because I think the whole "being a grownup" thing does cause us to ignore basic needs or things that make us happier, better functioning individuals, and thinking about the fact that everyone benefits when I am well cared for is helpful for me in a quest to be better at self-care.

0 comments: