Sunday, August 22, 2010

Daily 5 - Year 2, Day 8

Today's Daily 5:
An introduction to the daily 5 lists can be found here.
  1. Listening to my brother preach his first sermon this morning, and having it be on a passage I really love from Ephesians
  2. a bathroom door - it seems a goofy thing to be thankful for, but I was tonight.  I was remembering those awful first few weeks of living here, when my bathroom didn't have a door.
  3. a mom who is a massage/cranio-sacral therapist, and worked on my neck and shoulders a bit before giving me a ride home tonight, easing some of the painful knots that have contributed to the last two days that I've spent mostly in bed with a migraine
  4. being loved on by family... mom was pretty concerned... she loaded me up with a random assortment of healthy food before driving me home... a sandwich and carrots and cucumber, a yellow plum and some grapes.
  5. a quiet evening spent semi-horizontal in bed, enjoying some favorite things, remembering to breathe, and setting aside worry and panic for a bit in favor of just trying to rest.

0 comments: