Monday, February 22, 2010

Daily 5 - Day 194

Today's Daily 5:
  1. Got WAY more than the prescribed 20 minutes of light excercise today.  This lack of a car is ensuring that I get the 20 minutes every week day traipsing to and from home and work via walking and various transit vehicles.  Today however, I got home from work, changed clothes, settled in to make dinner, and discovered that the chicken I'd planned to cook was rancid.  Since I'm not presently the owner of a car, that necessitated another 15 minute walk to the closest grocery store (a fairly expensive high-end, mostly organic shop that I love but never shop at because of price) and another 15 minute walk home after that.
  2. Sold my couch and loveseat tonight.  That was it's own adventure!  The girl I expected to sell them to showed up and realized she couldn't fit both in the truck she'd brought.  She tried to bargain with me and convince me to sell her only 1 piece.  Umm.... No.  I phoned another person who had called me about them back, and within an hour, both pieces were gone.  Now just waiting and dreaming, and figuring out just exactly what I want, and collecting the money to afford it.  At the moment I think I'm leaning towards a double papasan chair/loveseat from Pier 1 Imports.  I have a thing for comfy furniture that you just sort of sink into and recline in.  I think it's because I'm so short that my feet have never reached the ground on any piece of furniture, so I'm always sitting curled up, or semi prone anyway.
  3. The dinner I cooked, despite some hitches in ingredients (not only the chicken, but the cupboards are getting a little bare as we attempt to minimize what I have to move) turned out quite well.
  4. Loved watching Virtue and Moir win the gold medal in the ice dance tonight.  I'm not excessively patriotic, but there's something about hearing that anthem play and seeing the smiles on the athletes faces that gets me every time.
  5. Tomorrow will be exactly 4 months until the U2 concert I have tickets to!

0 comments: