Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Whole Earth Groans

I feel like that this morning.

Like I can feel the whole earth groaning.

I hardly slept last night.

In the little time I was asleep, I had an incredibly vivid and intense dream.  A dream about a situation I've been part of for a long time now.

I woke from this dream stunned, and lay for a few moments in the dark, praying desperately.

The first thing I do when I wake is check emails.

The first email I read this morning informed me that at 6:00 this morning, Haiti was hit with a 6.1 magnitude aftershock.

That stunned me all over again.

For a week now it's been like I've been feeling the groans of the Haitians in my spirit.

I feel them still today, maybe even stronger.

I "twitched" this morning.  A weird "spiritual" remnant from my trip overseas, but one that doesn't often happen these days.  (A fact for which I am oh so thankful.)

The day promises to be an incredibly intense one anyway.

Some health challenges again.

Full schedule at work.

Meeting a friend going through the challenge of watching her mother sucuumb to cancer.

And then attending a benefit concert for Haiti.

A later night than I can usually manage.

All on minimal sleep.

I feel the groaning of the whole earth this morning.

I feel that groaning within my own spirit.

And I am reminded again of the verse I was working to memorize a day or two ago "For I know that as you pray for me, and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance."  Pray, trust the help of the Spirit, and be free.  That is how I'm going to live this groaning day.

0 comments: