Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Wednesday Morning, Still Praying

It's Wednesday morning.

For those of you who know me, you know that Wednesday's tend to be for me like Monday's are for most people in the world.

I basically didn't sleep last night. It was one of those nights filled with disturbed dreams and floating prayers and lots of simple wakefulness.

It's snowing again.

And our receptionist is late.

I need to do an errand ASAP once she arrives, and then, then I'm staying in the office until the day ends.

I'm hoping the commute is a bit shorter tonight.

What normally takes 20 minutes has been taking at least an hour this week. Some combination of overflow traffic and roads that are still not in great condition.

Home, yoga, dinner. Hopefully a quiet evening of resting.

And on it goes.

My heart hurts today. There are so many around me right now who are hurting deeply. So many that I love and care about. And I find myself praying deeply for them, for myself, this Advent season, "I am waiting. Come Lord Jesus."

0 comments: