Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Relatively Joyful

Not that I'm counting or anything, but I have 2.5 work days left until I'm off for about 10 days. And that is definitely contributing to a good mood this morning.

But mostly, I woke somewhat joyful. I like the mornings like that - when you wake with the sense that joy is somehow possible in the midst of that day, in the midst of the myriad of crazy circumstances that surround me.

And on it goes.

Another busy day at work.

I need to write and get in the mail (though they'll all be late now) several Christmas cards, some with little gifts tucked inside.

Tonight I'm baking pumpkin cookies, and cooking some sort of dinner for myself.

The week is full and busy, and I'm definitely counting down to time off. But today I feel somehow hopeful, and joyful amidst the longing anticipation of advent.

And for that I'm grateful.

0 comments: