Friday, December 04, 2009

Curled up

I am enjoying a quiet Friday evening.

The party for the afternoon was moved to our office, and was perhaps one of the better parties we've had at Christmas (this is the fourth one I've attended, and was, in my opinion, the best.)

The roads were miserable, and the snow is still falling and showing no signs of stopping. However, tonight I was thankful for roads that were simply snowy instead of sheer ice like they were a week ago. I made it in plenty of time to the appointment I needed to be at (in fact, I got out of work earlier enough that I was able to accept a cancellation appointment, and have my appointment an hour earlier!)

I've been at home for a few hours now, and am in a quiet space. Wrapped in a blanket, curled up in my bedroom, with candles and lovely scented things burning all around the room.

I'm eating jello (don't laugh at me - I love jello! I think it's an endearing, child-like, and possibly slightly quirky quality!) and have a large mug of mango rooibos tea cooling to just the right temperature nearby.

I'm taking it slow.

I've been awake off and on since 3 am.

I woke at 3 in a deeply prayerful space, and have been in and out of that place for much of the day since.

So I'm having a quiet night. Prayers and writing. Jello and tea. A hot shower, candles, and freshly washed sheets and pajamas. Caring for me, and letting my heart listen and talk with Jesus.

Nights like these are some of my favorites.

0 comments: