Thursday, November 19, 2009

Daily 5 - Day 99

Today is day 99, and I can't quite believe I've been doing this for that long. Without further ado, here are today's daily "5":
  1. I'm thankful, today, on a day with 9s for the friend who started pushing me towards changing thought patterns to more positive ones in the first place, who has pushed me to choose life and joy. (It was her pushing that led to the eventual idea to make these lists every day.)
  2. I had an unexpectedly decent evening - some good conversations. I think I'll go back to this house group.
  3. I found joy tonight both in the feeling of wearing makeup and looking pretty, and in the freshly washed feeling of taking it off several hours later.
  4. Smoked Gouda, homemade pita chips, and hummus for a quick, simple, on-the-fly dinner
  5. laughter - in various moments through a crazy day
  6. the pleasure of praying with other believers
  7. chocolate cake in bed to finish up the night
  8. a constant refrain that is slowly bringing peace, and hope
  9. Tomorrow is Friday! (a little anticipating the joys to come!)
  10. feeling welcomed in the midst of a situation that could have been incredibly awkward

0 comments: