Sunday, September 27, 2009

Early

It's Sunday morning, fairly early, and I'm awake.

Partly because my alarm just went off, reminding me that I need to be out the door in an hour, with a full day ahead.

Partly because I slept minimally all night. Tossing and turning, trying to quiet my brain. And dreaming in the few moments I did sleep.

I thought of two other friends who struggle with sleep as I lay awake at one point, and prayed that I was the only one of the three of us awake. Sort of one of those odd prayers where you tell God that if I have to be awake, can I have their struggles to, so that they can sleep?

I have a very full day ahead. Lots of driving, and some walking and thinking and praying. I'll perhaps talk more about it tonight. A day that feels a bit weighty to me. Like a step backwards towards some things that nearly destroyed me, and yet also a step forwards towards a calling and dream from God.

It's early, and I'm lying here in the dark, putting off my day for just a few more minutes. Catching up on the lives of friends around the blog world. Thinking, praying, waiting.

Time to get up.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many prayers today, friend!

Big hugs,
LP/CA