Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Articles and Links and Other Stuff

Apparently sleeping too many hours a night can be a contributing factor to developing dementia. So, that works in my favor :)

I voted for a losing candidate last night. Again. The riding I live in went even more conservative than usual. Still an upset, since the ruling party in Alberta politics had held that riding since the early 1970s. Ah well, at least my candidate only lost by a couple hundred votes this time. That's the closest the margin has ever been.

This cartoon at ASBO Jesus hit home hard today.

I liked this quote from Padre Pio: "Do not anticipate the problems of this life with apprehension, but rather with a perfect hope that God, to whom you belong, will free you from them accordingly." I rather needed that reminder this morning.

The calendar on my desk has a quote from Clare of Assisi today that included the line, "Watch and pray at all times." I'm fond of Clare, and those words are indicative of the state in which I've been living the last couple of days.

And with that, I'm headed into a full and busy day. It was a rough night again, but I'm glad for morning, and seeking the new mercies promised for the day.

0 comments: