Thursday, June 04, 2009

Sometimes their voices still echo

I was thinking this afternoon, as I moved from one task to another around the office, that sometimes I feel guilty for really enjoying my new job.

There are some people in my life, who, being privy to the inner workings of the many challenging situations that cropped up over the last year and a half at the office, spoke very strongly of the need for me to leave this company. Sometimes their voices still echo in my head as I go about my day. And those echoes stir guilt and questions, "Was this really what God had for me, or was it just the easiest route?"

And then, then I spend time reminding myself of the many ways that God seems to have worked to allow this job to exist for me. Of the fact that it was so clearly an answer to prayer. Of the fact that it truly is bringing joy and excitement to my life, instead of anger, exhaustion and stress. Of the fact that I prayed and sought the counsel of several trusted advisers before accepting this position, and really did feel led to accept it.

I'm getting better at listening for God's voice, or my own inner reminders, but sometimes, sometimes their voices still echo.

0 comments: