Thursday, June 11, 2009

Irony...

I talked with a dear friend for a while last night, catching up a bit, and sharing some of the things I'd been wrestling with lately. It was a teary conversation because of the subject matter, and because some of the things I've been wrestling with and feeling pulled to pray for lately incite a sting within me that brings tears.

I had to laugh, though, at one point, as I looked down at the current book I'm reading, that was sitting beside me as we talked.

I commented to her that it seemed just a bit ironic that in the midst of this rather teary conversation about the places of prayer I've been occupying lately, the title of the book I'm currently reading is "The Happy Intercessor"!

I needed to remember that laugh today, and laugh again. Because laughter at that irony was definitely a better option than tears.

0 comments: