Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday night...

My office closed an hour early today.

I was hoping to make it to the park to walk and pray for a while before I needed to be home.

Traffic had other plans.

After I'd been driving for an hour, and it was clear that the park would be out of the question, I gave up on the audio book I was listening to and decided to give praying in the car a shot.

(Usually when I'm in that space, I need to be walking to concentrate enough to pray.)

It helped. Quite a bit.

So I'm thankful for a God who shows up, even when I'm cranky and stuck in traffic.

And I'm thankful for time sitting with a journal to process the last few days.

And for the fact that it was one of the rare nights when my roommate was doing the cooking, so I could simply come home, shower, and curl up with my journal.

I'm thankful for the steak and potatoes she barbequed, and for an evening hanging out with a movie playing while I did some writing and caught up on emails.

It's been a long week, and I'm thankful that it's the weekend, and I have a few days that are a bit lower key.

0 comments: