Monday, April 27, 2009

A few more quotes

The calendar my friend gave me last week, with quotes from female saints, continues to hit chords in my heart nearly every time I flip a page.

This quote appeared late last week:

“I fear suffering, but not if it is dealt out by the God of mercy, who will not make me bear what is above my strength. My dying is eternal life with Christ. To the extent that I comprehend Christ in faith, to the same extent I shall embrace him in love.” (Saint Katharine Drexel)

And this one appeared this morning, as I was struggling again with a number of things, including forgiveness issues, and begging Jesus for his presence and his grace:

"In this mortal life, mercy and forgiveness are the path that always leads us to grace." (Blessed Julian of Norwich)

0 comments: