Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not those who think they are righteous

I was deeply encouraged by one of the Scriptures from my Lenten readings, and a line from one of the readings books tonight. My heart needed the reminder of who Jesus came to call. I have been so aware of my own struggles, my own failings, my own sins in this last season. So much more so than ever before. I have felt dirty and corrupted and worthless.

The book read: "Jesus calls people for what God wants to make of them. When it comes to choosing and making disciples, no one can equal Jesus for sheer daring."

And the passage?

Jesus answered them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor - sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent." (Luke 6:31-32)

0 comments: