Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday Musings

I took advantage of the sunshine at lunch to take a bit of a walk. Through several inches of snow and muck. But there was sun, and I felt the need to move around a bit. (I won't talk too loudly about the health benefits of the walk, since I decide to walk to the hamburger joint on the corner to pick up lunch!)

I've decided to try to escape the office when I can on my lunchhour this week. I find, sometimes, that I cope better with the stresses of this environment if I can take a short break from it. And, since this week promises to be one of the more stressful ones in a while, I've decided to make space for those breaks this week.

I'm planning to attend a local church service tonight. I can't quite explain why I want to go, but I feel the need to go. A friend of mine called me this morning, just as the workday began, and he may join me. But if not, I'm still planning to go. At least for now. I suppose that that could change if God says something different, but for the moment he seems to be directing me towards church, and that's my plan for the evening. Dinner at home with my roommate, L., and church.

(and then hopefully an early bedtime!)

0 comments: