Saturday, March 21, 2009

I Am Yours - Misty Edwards

Misty Edwards' music has been with me fairly constantly, speaking to and encouraging and challenging my heart through this year.

The lyrics, seen below, of this song, speak deeply to my heart right now.

They reflect the prayer of my heart:

And when you feel so far away, still I'm hear to say I am yours. I'm weary, and hungry, and longing and waiting, but I'm yours. No turning around. You called my name, and I'm yours. I vowed myself to You and I can't go back. So I'm waiting here again, for you to come, to bring freedom and healing.

I Am Yours (Misty Edwards)

Though I sleep, my heart is awake
Though It's night, on You I wait

It's been a long night, and I am weary
It's been a long time, and I am hungry
So I'll wait in the stillness again
I'll wait in the quiet again
For when I heard Your voice
When You said my name
When I heard Your voice
My heart it yearned

In the middle of the night
In the middle of the night
In the middle of the night
My heart it yearns

Though You're far away, still I'm here to say
I am Yours, I am Yours
And when You feel so far away, still I am here to say
I am Yours, I am Yours

And I've made my vows, no turning around
I burn the bridges that can't be found

For when I heard Your voice
And You said my name
When I heard Your voice
My heart it yearned
For You.

1 comments:

Shelley said...

I like the vows you made. I remember some, and remember the story of the others. Just glad that this song is reminding you that there is no turning around. No matter what attempts were made to have your words quickly stolen from you, they are yours still, and you are walking them out.

I'm glad it's time again to let the yearning of your heart draw you to Jesus. You are His, and He still calls your name...

may the butterflies return soon.
much love.