Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Comfort

When I got home from work last night I decided to wash the sheets on my bed.

And, at the end of the evening as I crawled into warm, sweet smelling sheets, I was reflecting on how wonderful the first night in freshly washed sheets always is.

I love the way the sheets are still tucked and taut, and you just get cocooned inside of them.

I want to be warm, but find that I'm not truly warm unless there's lots of weight in the blankets on top of me. I like that feeling of being buried in comfort and warmth.

I'm a fan of bedroom comfort, can you tell?

For me that means pillows. Mounds of them.

A long body pillow against the wall. It provides both insulation from the cold of the outside wall, and comfort options for leaning or sleeping against.

A pillow between my knees (or under my knees when I'm sitting propped up in bed). Mostly just because my back and hips are less sore if I do this.

Three pillows that go behind me when I'm sitting propped up. Two of these get sort of jumbled under my head while I sleep.

Last night pillows and clean sheets were high on the list of things that make me smile.

0 comments: