Saturday, December 20, 2008

Within Arm's Reach

  • 1 litre bottle of water
  • the first season of Joan of Arcadia on dvd.
  • "Take This Bread" by Sara Miles
  • 4 issues of "Memory Makers" magazine
  • 2 issues of "Creating Keepsakes" magazine
  • 3 issues of "Real Simple" magazine
  • "Visions of Christ: A Posthumous Cycle of Poems" by Ranier Maria Rilke
  • "Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself" by Alan Alda (which, by the way, has got to be one of the best book titles I've seen in a while. the title itself made me pick it up at the library this morning. it's just a happy coincidence that I'm also a huge fan of M*A*S*H*, and will enjoy reading Alan Alda's memoir.)
  • "The Life of the Virgin Mary" by Ranier Maria Rilke
  • "Bless the Space Between Us" by John O'Donohue
  • "The Soul Tells a Story" by Vinita Hampton Wright
  • "50 Ways to Pray: Practices from Many Traditions and Times" by Teresa A. Blythe
  • A mandarin orange
  • my bible and journal
  • 2 journal pens and one pen for underlining in my Bible
  • "Tickets for a Prayer Wheel" by Annie Dillard
  • "Rilke's Book of Hours: Love Poems to God" by Ranier Maria Rilke
  • "A Life of Miracles: a 365 Day Guide to Prayer and Miracles" by Bill Johnson
  • "Living Prayer" by Robert Benson.

Can you tell that I'm curled up and settling in for a quiet afternoon? And that I was at the library this morning? There are lit candles all around my bedroom, trying to cut the drafty nature of a bedroom at the back of the house with two outside walls. And, if you know any of these books that I listed, you'll know that I'm mostly curling up with poetry.

But, for the moment, I'm going to flip through some magazines while I watch an episode or two of Joan of Arcadia.

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like a relaxing afternoon!