Thursday, December 18, 2008

3 Candles

I've had a much needed quiet evening.

My heart is feeling slightly more settled.

Little things have helped:
the first home-cooked meal all week.
resting on the couch.
early into bed.

I needed light and hope tonight. When I retired to my room, I glanced at the Advent wreath I placed on my dresser several weeks back and realized that if there was ever a night when I needed the reminder the glow of the Advent candles bring, tonight was it. So, slowly, carefully, I lit the three for the weeks we've journeyed through thus far. 2 purple and a rose. And I paused for just a moment to breathe and remember and hope and long for the coming of the light.

In a few moments I'll extinguish them, and head for sleep, but tonight 3 candles were life-giving.

0 comments: