Sunday, November 30, 2008

Sunday Smile List

I need to pause for a moment and make a smile list. I've been fighting off a shift in mood - from relatively peaceful to whatever the opposite of that is since yesterday morning, and I need to pause, just for a minute and remember the things that I'm thankful for today. The things that are making me smile.

  • Bolthouse Farms Mango Lemonande
  • watching the baby gorilla play at the zoo this morning
  • Warm Amber Body Butter from the Body Shop (scented with ginger and myrrh)
  • Warm Amber Home Fragrance Oil from the Body Shop (again, scented with ginger and myrrh)
  • Hot pancakes for lunch, slathered in butter and maple syrup
  • The West Wing on dvd
  • a dream that was at the same time deeply disturbing and strangely comforting yesterday morning
  • an ongoing conversation
  • the way my nose ring sparkles in the light and reminds me that I can celebrate the healing of Jesus in my life
  • my friend Karla Adolphe's latest CD "Chair and Microphone"
  • tea lights
  • a day spent mostly with my roommates yesterday, without the tension that has often been present lately.
  • a favorite t-shirt that reads "Little Acorns Become Mighty Oaks"
  • a ring on my left hand with a blue-lace agate stone, that reminds me of some promises made, and the search for just the right ring to be purchased in the future.
  • a relatively sunny, mild Sunday.
  • enjoying being curled up alone in my living room, with the house quiet and peaceful.
And with that, I'm going to spend some time reading and writing. Probably most of the afternoon. And I'm hopefully going to enjoy it.

0 comments: