Saturday, November 22, 2008

Suicide...

I received an email today reminding me that it is "National Survivors of Suicide Day" in the US. Now, before you start laughing at that ridiculous title, they're referring to those who have survived the loss of a loved one to suicide.

Various suicide related headlines have been catching my attention the last few days. I linked yesterday to a headline about a Florida teen who killed himself while broadcasting live on the internet, and just a few minutes ago I came across a similar headline from Argentina.

You can find the Argentinian story here: Argentine Man Kills Himself on TV

and you can find a few links with more information about National Survivors of Suicide Day here:
Community Connects Suicide-Minded, Survivors

10th Annual National Survivors of Suicide Day

0 comments: