Thursday, October 02, 2008

Making Me Smile

An early October afternoon smile list:
  • mango body scrub from The Body Shop
  • girly nights once a week
  • the sunrise as I drove to work this morning
  • that today is "Name Your Car" Day - (have I mentioned how much I like George??)
  • high heels
  • mini croissants
  • the psalms playing as I work
  • that my camera broke with a month left on it's warranty
  • plans for a quiet evening
  • five reminder stones and a rosary resting on my desk
  • passion tea
  • bottled water
  • knowing that I'm very good at my job (even if it's rarely noticed)
  • a short walk in the sunshine at lunch
  • a work day that's nearly over
  • thoughts stemming from the book I'm currently reading
  • knowing that I get to take a break from the fast for a few days and read a novel again in just over a week
  • John 16:21-23
  • Genesis 15:1
  • poetry occasionally spilling from my pen again
  • Grey's Anatomy tonight!
  • chocolate chip cookies my roommate baked
  • plans full of fun for the coming weekend

simple things, but today, I'm mostly resting in them, and letting them bring me joy.

0 comments: