Thursday, September 04, 2008

Smile List - Thursday Afternoon Edition

Been needing this all day, but only now finding the time to sit down and write one.

These are the things that I love, that I'm thankful for, that are making me smile right now:
  • soft, brown suede boots
  • a multicolored tweed skirt, that incorporates several of my favorite colors including orange, brown, and turquoise
  • my "bohemian" purse from the Tibetan shop
  • a note from a dear friend last night, reminding me that she loves me
  • the rosary I brought home from Rome
  • that there are just under two hours left in this workday
  • that tomorrow is casual Friday and I can wear jeans to the office
  • Karla Adolphe's song "Hold Me Near"
  • The Garden State movie soundtrack
  • being back in the habit of writing in my paper journal daily
  • plans for a quiet morning mostly alone in the house on Sunday
  • five reminder stones sitting on my desk
  • taco wraps with my roommates and a houseguest for dinner tonight
  • plans for a quiet evening, holed up in my bedroom with lit candles, reading, writing, making a couple phone calls, and hopefully getting to bed early
  • a truly tasteless (but quite funny) joke that a friend told me this morning
  • remembering the great evening one of my roommates and I spent on my birthday about a month ago, watching the movie "Mamma Mia"
  • 2 dozen red roses in a vase on my dressing table at home
  • lovely smells emanating from an oil burner in my bedroom
  • mango exfoliant scrub from The Body Shop
  • roiibos tea
  • sheepskin lined slippers with a kiwi fruit print (a gift from my roommate - sort of a joke since both of my roommates are from New Zealand)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Keep stepping forward. Keep looking up. Love ya!

Lisa said...

thanks Natalie... now I can add "a wedding in Winnipeg that I'm attending" to my smile list :)