Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vindicated

Okay, so I'm feeling just a little bit catty, and a lot vindicated just at the moment.

I arrived at the office to find a voicemail from my troublesome colleague. She's out sick today, but wanted to let me know what had happened with the package that starred in yesterday's rant. It would seem that I was correct. That there was a problem with the address, and that we had to pay for the package to be returned to us. That Canada Post charges return shipping to the sender if an address is incorrect. She wanted to let me know that the package and the receipt for yesterday's payment was safe, and she would return them to the office when she returns.

Can I point out again that I WAS RIGHT?

And, that if she'd just trusted that, and let me handle the situation, instead of the package sitting in her car or her house today, I could be re-addressing and re-posting it, and getting it on it's way.

It would seem that when my boss returns from her business trip next week, we will be having another conversation about this coworker. I've had this conversation on a nearly weekly basis for the last two months. "(said person) has sought to undermine me, again." Nothing changes. Not sure anymore if that's bad management, or simply that this woman is unwilling to hear and change.

Either way, I am increasingly convinced that I am going to need to leave a job that I have greatly enjoyed, a job where I love being with 99% of the coworkers, in favor of something that won't require me to have these sorts of weekly conversations, that won't irk me so deeply.

0 comments: