Sunday, June 22, 2008

Unplanned

Today did not go as planned.

I didn't teach. It got put off until next week.

I didn't spend time with the young woman I'd planned to spend my afternoon with.

I ended up making a step into the unknown instead.

Into what I hope is a process of healing, and moving on.

Only an hour. Then a bus trip home, and Chinese takeout delivered to satisfy a craving.

It was all unplanned, but I think good.

I'm curled up in my favorite chair.

Wrapped in a blanket.

Reading a novel.

Wearing an emerald in my nose.

A rose that lay waiting for me on the sidewalk in my hair.

And a twirling skirt with bells on the hem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah...love the rose... and the twirling skirt. reminds me of some beautiful times.
e-hugs. s.

Lisa said...

yeah the rose.... reminded me of some of those same times I think... I jingle when I walk, and it oddly makes me smile.
e-hugs back.