Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Ongoing Saga

Would you believe that the woman who screwed us out of a house yesterday afternoon had the nerve to phone me this afternoon and see if we still wanted the house?

This would be the woman who rented the place out from under us, even though we'd put a deposit on it.

Seems her other plan didn't work out, and she's still looking for tenants.

I very nicely (but strongly) told her that I would have to speak with my roommates, but that we'd been very angry with the way she had handled our situation, and that I felt it was unlikely (something my roommates and I discussed yesterday) that we would still want to do business with her.

So, later this afternoon, on our way to check out a new house, I'll speak with my roommates, but I would suspect that we won't be going back to our original plan. It doesn't seem that it would be a wise decision to put our living arrangements in the hands of someone who has already treated them flippantly once.

1 comments:

Drew said...

sounds like you have made a wise decision already.