Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grocery List and Other Domestic Thoughts

I'm desperately in need of groceries. If one of my roommates hadn't made a huge pan of lasagna last night, I'm not entirely certain I'd have managed to eat a relatively balanced meal.

Grocery shopping while public transit dependent is a bit of pain.

However, since we're looking at another house tonight, one of my roommates is picking me up from work. That means that if I shop, I won't have to carry the food with me on an over-crowded train at rush hour.

So, I brought my cloth grocery bags with me, and at lunch I'll head to the grocery store and I'll buy at least the essentials, to complement the frozen meat and dry goods I've got in the freezer and cupboards at home.

On my list?
  • individual tins of canned peaches
  • a variety of berries (I'm hoping for blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and maybe cherries)
  • oranges
  • carrots
  • cucumber
  • lettuce
  • snap peas
  • bananas
  • kiwi
  • mango
  • granola bars
  • multivitamins
  • soap
  • facial wipes
  • a kit-kat bar (or maybe two)
  • hangers
  • and an umbrella!

I think I'll make couscous, and some sort of meat for dinner. Perhaps couscous with beef strips and strawberries in balsamic vinegar. Steamed veggies or maybe just sliced cucumbers on the side.

After dinner? I need to unpack my suitcase from the weekend, so that I can find my clothes again instead of rummaging through a pile. I need to do laundry. And I need to attack a variety of other tasks.

(But in reality I'll probably throw the laundry in the washer and settle in in front of the television to watch "So You Think You Can Dance").

0 comments: