Friday, April 25, 2008

With an openness of heart...

I came across this quote from Douglas Coupland's book "Life After God" tonight and found it quite profoundly descriptive of where I'm at at the moment.

I've really quite wanted in this last season to just walk away from God. To give up because it hurt too much to follow him. And yet, I haven't been able to walk away. And in the midst of that space I came across this quote.

“Now - here is my secret:
I tell it to you with an openness of heart
that I doubt I shall ever achieve again,
so I pray that you are in a quiet room as you hear these words.
My secret is that I need God –
that I am sick and can no longer make it alone.
I need God to help me give, because I no longer seem to be capable of giving;
to help me be kind, as I no longer seem capable of kindness;
to help me love, as I seem beyond being able to love”

(original source of the quote is here.)

0 comments: