Monday, April 21, 2008

Relatively Productive

I’m having a relatively productive day.

Is it terrible if I say that this is at least in part due to the absence of two other staff members from the office today?

One in particular tends to make my days bog down in interruptions, because everything on her agenda must come first. This wouldn’t be a problem if she was my superior, or if I worked directly for her. But I don’t. I am the receptionist for the entire company, and the administrative assistant for four managers. I don’t have the time to bow to every whim of her agenda.

She is also extremely difficult to work with. As one co-worker rather colorfully and accurately described it recently, “When I’m around her I feel like she’s the bowling ball and I’m the pins.”

She was out of the office ill on Friday, and had car trouble that prevented her from coming in today.

Because of this, I’m having a much more peaceful and productive day than usual.

It’s definitely a nice change.

0 comments: