Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Evening Ramblings

I tried to make an eye appointment with my usual person today. He's booking in October. What kind of person can make a medical appointment for a basic check-up six months in advance? I barely know what I'm doing two months from now, never mind in the third week of October. One quick phone call, and I found someone who can get me in on Tuesday. Time for new glasses - I've been wearing these for almost 5 years, and I'm ready for something new. (Plus, I have benefits that will cover them for now, and since I'm thinking about the possibility of changing jobs, I thought I'd get the glasses while I still have coverage.)

I was just looking at the list of books I've read since 2008 began. If you look too closely, you're going to think that all I read are sappy novels. Not true. I read lots of other stuff too. I read novels when I want to give my brain a break, and I can get through one of the ones on the list in about 3 hours or so. I have a stack of five books that are not sappy novels sitting beside me on the coffee table, all in various stages of partially read glory. Eventually I'll finish one of them and add it to my list.

I had a really fantastic dinner tonight. Stirfried beef and peppers, done in a wrap, with tzatziki sauce. So good. I also made banana bread last night. My first solo attempt. It turned out great.

I have a list of things that need to be accomplished this weekend... in no particular order, they are:
  • taxes (a friend is doing this for me)
  • budget
  • sweep the kitchen/bathroom/hallway
  • mop my bedroom floor
  • clean my desk
  • clean out my shelf in the fridge
  • clear off the dining room table from the mess that's accumulated while my roommate's been away for a week
  • clean the bathroom
  • laundry
  • buy groceries
  • wash dishes
Are you sensing a theme?

0 comments: