Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A List Post (To Prove I'm Really Home!)

Two lists for you today - "Things that are Making Me Smile" and "To Do List"

Things that are Making Me Smile
  • clean jeans after wearing the same ones nearly every day for close to five weeks
  • long shower
  • the possibility of taking a shower and a bubble bath in the same day, without adversely affecting anyone's water bill (thankful for utilities included in our rent)
  • Matt Redman's song "Salvation" which kind of defined chunks of my trip
  • slow, lazy schedule
  • an email from Shelley
  • a fortune from the fortune cookie that came with my Vietnamese food last night "your lucky number this week is nine" - kind of an inside joke, but a great smile reminder anyway!
  • quiet, empty house while my roommate is at work
  • the prospect of purchasing a new journal today
  • a house where you don't have to wear 5 layers of clothing indoors (no marble floors in sight!)
  • central heating
  • my own bed
  • prospects of reconnecting with some friends and family now that I'm home
  • no need for socks for sleeping (or for walking around the house) - bare feet are where it's at today
  • fresh snow outside - that I don't have to go out into unless I want to, but it sure looks pretty!
  • a beautiful rosary and crucifix purchased in Rome, and an icon purchased in Malta
Things to Do in the Next Day or Two
  • go to the bank and exchange currency back to Canadian dollars
  • buy a new journal
  • buy a baby gift
  • sort out the gifts from my trip for various people
  • unpack
  • burn a cd for a friend
  • get over jet-lag
  • buy cough drops
  • laundry
  • change voicemail message to indicate I'm back in the country
  • call my best friend, M.
  • call my baby brother, T.
  • learn how to use the chat feature in g-mail
  • write a blog post (oh, wait, that one's nearly done)
  • cook - food that is post travel upset stomach friendly
  • light candles
  • burn incense
  • long walk in the park

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Welcome home! I can't wait to hear all about your time away!

Lisa said...

thanks Natalie! thoughts about the time away coming eventually - lots to process for sure!