Wednesday, November 21, 2007

theme?

So, there seems to be a developing theme for me again lately...

A week or two ago I mentioned here that I had started reading the first ever book I've picked up on AIDS and Africa. Africa has been a growing presence in my conciousness lately, and that has been a little bizarre, since I've worked for years to keep it in the corners of my mind.

I pulled a novel off my shelves last night, looking for light reading to pass the bus trip to and from the office. It was one I've only read once, but remembered enjoying.

Once again the story has sucked me in, but I have to admit, it's not the light reading I was looking for. One again, it's a story encompassing AIDS, poverty and Africa.

like I said... a theme...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Looks like good theme keep going , i love reading your blog.

if you do not celebrate Thanksgiving.. then I want to wish you a Happy Thursday. if you do..then I hope you and yours have a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Lisa said...

glad you're enjoying the blog...

I'm Canadian, so we celebrated thanksgiving a month ago, but I'm also a dual American citizen so, thanks for the thanksgiving wishes - sending them back to you...