Friday, November 23, 2007

that kind of week...

It's been that kind of week. What kind, you ask?

The kind where my normally unemotional roommate comes to me, asks me to read a psalm with her, and that leads into her crying and us praying together.

The kind where at the last minute a huge amount of work is sprung on me.

The kind where I get a message from a young friend, telling me she's leaving town for an undetermined length of time, to step into a somewhat dangerous situation.

The kind where emotions and hormones go hand in hand and spiral all over the place.

The kind where I find myself sitting across the desk from someone twice my age, as she unburdens her frustrations, anger, depression and grief.

The kind where I apply for a new job, but have no idea when I'll hear anything about whether or not I'm going to get it.

The kind where I spend an entire night awake and dreaming, excessively thirsty, and wondering what it means.

The kind where I finally (after 3 weeks) sit down with my best friend for lunch, and hear that she's had exactly the same kind of week.

The kind where I make 2 different sets of plans for Saturday, and then both fall through.

The kind where I'm really, really glad for a quiet weekend, plans with my brother, and a scheduled trip to the park.

0 comments: