Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful...

Because today is ending a lot better than it started, and I want to remember that Jesus works even in the really crappy moments...

Tonight, I'm thankful:
  • for my baby brother and his huge heart for people and God and the world.
  • that he partnered with me in a ministry opportunity tonight, letting me relax more readily, because he helped carry the somewhat awkward at times conversation.
  • for dear friends spread across the country.
  • for one friend in particular who has been a special gift in this crazy intense season of life, and ever so patiently and helpfully answers my myriad of questions as I learn to walk out some new things that Jesus is placing in my life.
  • that Jesus is placing new things in my life.
  • for a great time with friends at the Paul Brandt concert last night.
  • for photos of Paris hanging on my living room wall.
  • for my mom who sent stuff with my brother that should help cure the mild infection that I've currently got in my nose piercing.
  • for the book of Psalms, and particularly Eugene Peterson's translation of many of the Psalms in "The Message."
  • for books in general, and any of the Mitford or Father Tim novels by Jan Karon in specific.
  • for a heart that is being broadened to the world - even when I'm pretty sure that it will kill me as it is stretched and broken.
  • for one day down, and only four left before the weekend.
  • that my mom is cooking turkey dinner tomorrow night, and invited my roommate and I to come and eat.
  • for cozy furry socks on a freezing cold day.
  • for warm pajamas, and a soft duvet.
  • for a peaceful heart and a sense of the presence of Jesus so closely with me these days.
  • for an appointment tonight that was far less intense than anticipated. (I needed the break.)
I think that'll do it for tonight. I always feel better after stopping to list this stuff.

Thanks Jesus, for all the blessings you've poured out on my life today, even in the midst of the ugly stuff.

0 comments: