Thursday, October 18, 2007

wine is about the shalom of God

I was listening to part of a sermon Rob Bell gave months ago on my way home from work today, only paying half-attention...

and all of a sudden he says, "Wine is about the shalom of God - the wholeness of God."

It's a long story why that is so very significant today, but it's really, really important to me today.

That will seem funny to those of you who know that I don't drink alcohol ever, that I don't like wine. That the only time I've had more than a tiny sip of wine was at a recent gathering where we were sharing communion together, and it would have ruined the moment to mention that I don't drink because of family issues... so I had the three sips in the tiny goblet that was handed to me...

Wine is about the shalom of God - the wholeness of God.

So good.

0 comments: