Monday, October 08, 2007

Funny how that works...

I rolled out of bed about 45 minutes ago, kind of groaning at the prospect of going to my favorite place in the mountains, and hiking this morning... the warm bed was awfully enticing.

About 15 minutes ago I got a phone call, telling me the trip was up in the air because of some weather difficulties (it's raining a little bit at the moment - just sprinkling, but usually always worse in the mountains). And I'm really disappointed, which surprised me.

I really want out of the city today. If it doesn't happen, then I need to find time to get to a creek or river, and just be for a bit. Needing to see water - have this crazy idea from a friend that I possibly need to dip my toes in the water!

Feeling tired, and something about water and mountains always lets me meet with Jesus and be restored... could use that today, before heading back into the week.

0 comments: